What is this?
After developing a ton of fighting game and action game prototypes, and answering hundreds of questions about both, I've decided to release this project! This project aims to help you understand how hitboxes and hurtboxes work, how to set them up, and how to manage them. There are also tons of helpful game dev tidbits scattered throughout the project.
What's in the box?
- Examples of hitboxes for 4 different weapons, each with 3 attacks
- Fully featured animation control system
- Frame data management
- Player character state machine
- Basic platformer-style collision system
- Easy to manage and expandable code base
- Sprites and code for 4 individual weapons
- Fully commented code
- Basic implementation of screen shake, and hit stop
Will this continue to be updated?
Absolutely! I plan to continually add features and fix bugs in this project for as long as I can. Eventually the project will be fully featured, and bug free, right? Right?? ;
Will you add...
Yes! Shoot me an email, add a comment below, or tweet at me if you would like a feature requested, have any questions, or have any other feedback to provide!
email: nmranney AT gmail DOT com
Does this work with GameMaker Studio 2?
Yes it does! When purchasing this project you now gain access to both a GMS 1.4 version, and a GMS 2 version.